Feb 17, 2008

Beaded memory wire bracelets

We're having another blizzard, so I'm stuck in the house and not motivated to work on school stuff. To pass the time, I tried making beaded jewelry with memory wire for the first time. Normally, I'm not a jewelry person, but I really like what I ended up with. I might actually wear some of it!



I based my bracelets on this pattern from Beading Times. They lost their scale in the picture, but they're about 3" in diameter. Hobby Lobby had a 50% off sale on Bead Treasures stuff, so I don't think they cost that much and I had a lot of fun with different kinds of beads. I'm definitely going to try some new styles the next time it stops snowing and I can get to the store.

2 comments:

AndreaLea said...

I didn't know you had a blog! I like your card holders. Very good idea using the pretty paper.

Bonnie Hubbard said...

Hey I saw an AOL blog and I thought you might be the same person. Do you do the stitch n bitch at Coffee on Valley?